[IDD #PGJ-802823]: request for approval of LDM data receiving

Hi Bei,

re:
> Thank you so much for your detailed answers.
>
> Ok, here is my information:
>
> Site Name:
> Department of Geomatics Engineering, Schulich School of Engineering
> University of Calgary
>
> Site Administrator: Bei Huang
> Email: address@hidden
> Phone: +1 403 220 8150
> Desired Feeds: EXP
> Fully Qualified Hostname: Bei.fedora64

That this is not a fully-qualified hostname is easily demonstrated
by utilities like 'nslookup' or 'dig'.  For instance:

% nslookup Bei.fedora64
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

** server can't find Bei.fedora64: NXDOMAIN

re:
> PS: I am running fedora virtual machine on windows.
> My host windows IP is 136.159.122.164
> My guest fedora IP is 10.0.2.15

OK.  What the IP address will be in the REQUEST for the EXP feed
will need to be determined by experiment.  Since you have the
LDM installed in your virtual machine, please do the following:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vl- -f EXP -h oliver.unidata.ucar.edu

Please let this run for about 5 minutes AND let us know that you
have run the test.  We will then look in the LDM log file on
oliver.unidata.ucar.edu to see what your IP address actually is.

re:
> Apparently my virtual machine has assigned another weird IP addr...
> So I don't know if anything else is required...the platform thing is kind of
> confusing...

Yes, the IP address/name for virtual machines can be confusing.  That
is why we need to run the test above.

re:
> If any other information is needed please let me know~!
> Thank you and happy vday~!

Again, please send us a reply letting us know when you are going to run
the test above (or when you ran the test above).  We will then make
appropriate adjustments on our toplevel IDD relay cluster, idd.unidata.ucar.edu,
that will allow you to get the EXP feed.

Ticket ID: PGJ-802823
Department: Support IDD