[IDD #JZM-551600]: Is the SUNY NLDN feed down?

Hi again Mike,

re: I asked "Why the fork?"

Duh, sorry for the dumb question.

Comment:

- good thing I had a discussion with Mike Schmidt yesterday about
  some useful tools, otherwise I would not have known that 'nc'
  is actually 'netcat' :-)  I built netcat v0.0.1 on striker2.atmos.albany.edu
  at the very end of the day yesterday and was going to be using
  it today in my testing.

FYI: your ingest technique is working nicely at SUNYA.  After I
accumulate a large enough set of data, I will be trying to decode it
into McIDAS MD format -- this will tell me immediately if the data
coming across the tunneled SSH connection is in the same format as
what was being sent to SUNYA via satellite broadcast.

Thanks again for the quick help!

Ticket ID: JZM-551600
Department: Support IDD