[IDD #TLG-431741]: Obtain upstream data-feeds

Hi Mack,

Sorry for the slow reply; I am on travel at the moment and have limited
access to email...

re: We are not quite sure what you are requesting (if anything). Can you
elaborate

> The section of the web site I found this info on was to get access to the LDM
> feeds for a new installation of GEMPAK and LDM.

Strange indeed.  Can you give me the URL for the page you went to so I can make
sure it gets fixed?  Thanks in advance!

re:
> The page said to email this
> address with the information I provided in order to get access to the feeds.
> If
> this is in error, can you point me to the correct place for the feed
> information.

What you need to do is:

- review the various datafeeds available by the LDM/IDD and decide on
  which ones (i.e., types of data) you want/need:

LDM Feedtypes of the Current Release
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/feedtypes/

- send an email to address@hidden letting us know the
  following information:

  - fully qualified hostname and IP address of the machine you will
    run the LDM on

  - the names of feed types you want to get

Upon receipt of your request, we will identify primary and secondary
upstream feed sites and arrange with the maintainers of the sites
to ALLOW your machine to request data.

In the future, if you have questions about building or installing
the LDM, please send email to address@hidden.

If you have questions related to the feeds that you want, please send
email to address@hidden.

If you have questions related to how to use GEMPAK, please send email
to address@hidden.

Ticket ID: TLG-431741
Department: Support IDD