[IDD #JHR-989766]: Assistance in becoming a Unidata user

Hi Jennifer,

re:
> We have 5 Forecasters who will be using the AWIPS/GEMPAK programs once
> we are all set up.  Will it be possible for us to set up a shared user
> account or will each of us have to register as individual users?

Once installed, the software can be used by one or many users.  How
you setup user accounts should be based on what their work flow is
like.  If you are asking if each forecaster needs to register with
Unidata, the answer is no.  Registration is for the person(s) who
will be downloading the software from our website.  If each forecaster
is expected to download the software, build, install and configure
it, then each should register with our website.

re:
> Also, do you know if Unidata has been able to find a university near us
> that will be able to feed the real time meteorological data to us? Or
> will that be the next step after the technical process of getting us set
> up is complete?

The process of lining up an upstream feed site will be quick.  We want to
deal with that _after_ your LDM has been downloaded, built and installed.

re:
> Thank you for your help,

No worries.

Ticket ID: JHR-989766