[LDM #CIB-153307]: ldm.pq

Hi Wen,

re:
> Our ldm still has a problem of time check. Through our ntpdate or sntp we can
> not get date and time from the time_servers set in ldmadmin-pl.conf. I was
> told
> that it is not a big deal by setting $check_time = 0, but it would be nice to
> fix it. Could you please offer your how-to. The errors are copied below.

First, let's find out if ntpdate works on your system...
Please send us the output from the following:

<as user 'ldm' on your LDM machine>

/usr/sbin/ntpdate -q -t 5 timeserver.unidata.ucar.edu

This should work since timeserver.unidata.ucar.edu is configured to be
accessible
to the world.

If it doesn't work, it is likely that your firewall is not configured to allow
port 123 UDP outbound.

Also, please send the output of:

uname -a

Ticket ID: CIB-153307