[IDD #UHQ-202981]: LDM Configuration

Hi Adam,

re:
> I am a student assistant at the Metropolitan State College of Denver.  I
> am part of the Meteorology Department and work under Dr. Richard Wagner.

Nice to meet you...

re:
> We are currently in the process of switching to a more powerful
> machine.  That being said, we would like to receive data for our new
> machine.  Since we have LDM set up for wxbox.mscd.edu, what steps do we
> need to take to get the data to come down to bora.mscd.edu ?

You need to setup the same ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST lines on bora
that you have currently on wxbox.

re:
> Who is our upstream LDM?

A quick check of our real time stats site shows that you are currently
requesting all of your datastreams from rainbow.al.noaa.gov.

Here is how you find this out:

Unidata Home
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

->Tools
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software

  ->IDD
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd

    ->Real-Time IDD statistics
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/

      ->Statistics by Host
        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

Look for wxbox.mscd.edu and click on it.  This will take you
to:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?wxbox.mscd.edu

This last page shows which datastreams you are currently receiving.
Each datastream type has a 'topology' link.  Clicking on this link
will show your upstream feed site(s); their upstream feed site(s), and
so on.

Recommendations when you move your LDM setup to bora:

- install and use the latest LDM release.  This is currently
  ldm-6.8.1

- make sure to continue to report real time statistics back
  to us (wxbox is doing this now; the default configuration
  for the LDM is to report statistics)

Ticket ID: UHQ-202981
Department: Support IDD