OGE-170685 Unidata LDM

Hi Larry,

Comments in text...

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Larry Mastin wrote:

> Jeff:
>
> I think that the following lines, modified from UAF's ldmd.conf file,
> should get the mesoscale NAM and GFS model data that I'd like:
>
> request CMC     ".*" ldm.meteo.ec.gc.ca

We (idd.unidata.ucar.edu) now distribute the CMC data, so please point
that request at us.

> request FNMOC|CONDUIT|HDS|NGRID ".*"    ldm.aoos.org    PRIMARY
> request FNMOC|CONDUIT|HDS       ".*"    bigbird.tamu.edu       ALTERNATE

Same for FNMOC, please request from:

idd.unidata.ucar,edu

> request NGRID   ".*"    unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu  PRIMARY
> request NGRID   ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu    ALTERNATE

CONDUIT|HDS|NGRID we will ask U of Wash for those..short hop.

...for the machine:

phobos.wr.usgs.gov

> I deleted the following feeds, which appear to be for images rather than
> model data:
>
> request FSL2    "^\.CompressedNetCDF\RSAS.*"    eldm.fsl.noaa.gov

RSAS is an acoustical sounder.

> request UNIWISC ".*"    ldm.aoos.org

UNIWISC is GOES imagery :)

> I presume that I will have to obtain permission from the upstream
> sources for these feeds.

You have access to idd.unidata.ucar.edu currently, we will ask U of W for
permission for the above mentioned feeds

> Should you request permission from these institutions, or should I?

I will, and cc you on request.

> Also, you mentioned University of Washington as another upstream source.
> I'm open to this possibility if you think it's just as good.

Not just as good, better.....proximity is a good thing :)

Jeff