[IDD #TPV-537982]: conduit

Hi Matt,

re:
> How do I go about getting an LDM CONDUIT feed?

Please provide us with the following information:

Name of LDM/IDD administrator at your site
Email address of your LDM/IDD site administrator
Telephone number of your LDM/IDD site administrator
Fully qualified name of the machine you will request CONDUIT from
IP address of the machine you will request CONDUIT from

We anticipate that Penn State University (PSU) will be designated as
your primary upstream feed for CONDUIT.  After seeing your request
this morning, I sent a note to the PSU LDM/IDD site administrator,
Art Person (who is also CCed on this email), asking if he/PSU is
willing to feed you the CONDUIT datastream. We and/or Art will get
back to you as soon as the green light is given for this feed.  In
the interim, we will identify a secondary/failover feedsite for CONDUIT
for you.

NB:

- CONDUIT is a _high_ volume datastream that has lots of products.
  The implications for this are:

  - your LDM queue may need to be resized to be larger that it currently
    is:

    We suggest that the LDM queue on your receiving machine be 2 GB or
    larger depending on what other data you are already receiving and
    what you intend to do with the CONDUIT data.  If you want to relay
    the CONDUIT data to others, we recommend that your queue be sized
    large enough to hold at least 1 hour of all data received.  Please
    refer to the LDM utility 'pqmon' for information on how to monitor
    the age of the oldest product in your LDM queue.

  - your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf REQUEST for CONDUIT data should be split
    into disjoint subsets to minimize latencies.  We suggest the
    following:

# Conduit data (Penn State IDD relay node _IF_ they are willing to feed you)
REQUEST CONDUIT "[09]$" ldm.meteo.psu.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "[18]$" ldm.meteo.psu.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "[27]$" ldm.meteo.psu.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "[36]$" ldm.meteo.psu.edu
REQUEST CONDUIT "[45]$" ldm.meteo.psu.edu

Ticket ID: TPV-537982
Department: Support IDD