[IDD #OMQ-397342]: NEXRAD2 Eastern Region gone... again!

Hi John,

re:
> Bad news!  The issue with the NWS Eastern Region dropping off the
> NEXRAD2 feed is happening again.  As of 15:04Z today, we've lost all
> the Eastern Region sites again from both idd.unidata.ucar.edu AND
> idd.cise-nsf.gov.

The problem has been acknowledged by the NWSTG/TOC folks and is apparently
being worked on by Verizon.  Here is the status message we received
today regarding the outage:

Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:34:06 +0000 (GMT)
From: address@hidden
Subject: RADAR Level II Data for Eastern Region Outage (UPDATE)
To: address@hidden, address@hidden

At 0237z - 08/02/2009

The impact of the event is currently - The Eastern Region Radar Level
II is running behind to the University of the Oklahoma (IRADS). The
data is flowing to all other Tier I provider.

ACTIONS TAKEN - CALLED EASTERN REGION FOCAL POINT(FORTUNE) AND SHE HAD
CALLED VERIZON AND THEY INFORMED HER THEY ARE ESCALATING THE TICKET TO
ANOTHER LEVEL. SHE ALSO WILL BE MONITORING THE EASTERN REGION SITES
FROM HER LOCATION. SHE WILL UPDATE US IN AN HOUR.
#This email contains a single message received at the NWS Telecommunication
#Gateway on the date specified.  You have received the email because you are
#subscribed to the radar2 mailing list.

You not getting Eastern Retion data indicates a twofold problem:  the data
is slow/behind to IRaDS (U Oklahoma) as per the message above, and it
is apparently not getting to Purdue.  Even still, the third site we
are feeding the Level II data from, the MAX GigaPoP at the University of
Maryland should be providing us (idd.unidata.ucar.edu AND idd.cise-nsf.gov)
the data.  Why it is not, or why the data is not making it to you is
a mystery to me at the moment.

Ticket ID: OMQ-397342
Department: Support IDD