[IDD #BKI-822215]: LDM feed sites

Hi Adam,

re:
> Two things,
>
> The first is some funky latency data I am showing on rtstats for
> (tornado.geos.ulm.edu).  CONDIUT, NGRID are a couple that the latency
> goes up and down constantly when feeding from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Is
> this normal???

The latency traces we see for your CONDUIT and NGRID ingest:

CONDUIT:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+tornado.geos.ulm.edu

NGRID:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?NGRID+tornado.geos.ulm.edu

show that there is a reception problem at your site.

High latencies seen in high volume datastreams like CONDUIT and NGRID when
coupled with low latencies for low volume feeds on the same machine:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+tornado.geos.ulm.edu

are frequently a telltale marker for "packet shaping" (bandwidth use
limiting) activities.  They can also be indicative of the need to split
the data requests for the affected feeds.

Request:

- can you send us your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file?

We would like to review how you are requesting the data you are receiving.

re:
> The other thing is I am still having to feed from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  I
> have had no luck in getting either LSU (primary) or OU(secondary) to feed
> me everything.  I have tried on numerous occasions to get it fixed but
> never seem to hear from anybody at those sites.  I have time again to try
> and work with this so I am sending another email out to see what can be
> done.

We sent off a note to the LDM/IDD administrator at LSU yesterday on
a somewhat related issue, and we have not heard back.  When we do contact
him, we will remind him of the need/desire to add the appropriate ALLOW
line for your machine, tornado.geos.ulm.edu.

Ticket ID: BKI-822215
Department: Support IDD