From: Jeff Weber [mailto:address@hidden]
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:08 PM
To: Ignaszewski, Mark J CIV 63134
Cc: Frost, Mr. Michael; address@hidden
Subject: Re: FW: NOGAPS

Hi Mark,

Since I am in "comms" w/you, we have seen some data outages of late.

Particularly the 0Z and 12Z runs, as well as some dropping of the 48 hour
forecast fields (have not verified this one locally, but a user sent it in
so thought I would bounce it of you for any insight).

Any ideas, or can you confirm?

Thanks again!

Jeff

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Jeff Weber wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> After communicating w/Harry and others interested in this feed, it
> seems as if the majority would enjoy the addition of the 1/4 degree SST
fields.

> I hope this is "do-able" :)
>
> Thanks Mark and Mike for your continued efforts to make this data
> available to the community via the LDM/IDD, it is GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff
> Jeff Weber                                    address@hidden        :
> Unidata Program Center                        PH:303-497-8676        :
> University Corp for Atmospheric Research      3300 Mitchell Ln       :
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/jweber      Boulder,Co 80307-3000  :
>
> On Fri, 15 May 2009, Ignaszewski, Mark J CIV 63134 wrote:
>
> > Your request below was forwarded to me.  Since "OTIS 1/4 deg SST" fields
were requested by name, I thought I would make a few comments about current
options.  The current FNMOC analysis system is called NCODA (Navy Coupled
Ocean Data Assimilation System).