[IDD #BHD-107104]: Fwd: NLDN Data feed

Hi Greg,

re:
> I need access to NLDN, USPLN lightning data and West Texas mesonet
> data data for a project we are supporting in a little over a week.

OK.  We are not actively receiving the MADIS data from NOAA/GSD, so
you may need to arrange a feed from them.  Patty Miller (NOAA/GSD
project lead for MADIS) is giving a seminar at Unidata today at
1 pm; I will ask Patty for a MADIS feed and if it is OK to relay
the data within UCAR/NCAR.

> Can
> you please allow access from our server ingest.eol.ucar.edu to these
> feeds and let me know which machines I should request data from?

I have requested an "official" feed of the USPLN data from WSI (we
have been getting a test feed from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
for decoder development, etc.).  I brought up our desire to relay
the data within UCAR/NCAR.  We'll see what they have to say on this.

The NLDN data feed should not be a problem.  We will setup ALLOWs
for relaying the data after clearing up the issues related to the
USPLN and MADIS data.

> P.S. You might also want to update your web page that lists Rob Kambic
> as the contact for IDD data at Unidata.

Can you remind me which page has this information (we have thousands of
pages, and I don't know the one you are referring to right off).

Ticket ID: BHD-107104
Department: Support IDD