[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

First, let me apologize for not responding to before now!

re:
> I hope you had a good Holiday Season.  I've been sidetracked on other
> projects, but now need to get back to my LDM problem...

I know what you mean about getting sidetracked!!

re:
> Did you get a chance to check out the data?  Was it complete?  Would the
> Gempak
> problem affect the decoders, or just the data chooser? Was this an issue just
> in
> 5.11.4, or could 5.10 be affected also?  What exactly was it doing?

Michael is currently troubleshooting a problem in the 5.11.4 version of Garp
that causes core dumps when trying to generate listings of available grids
to plot.  Troubleshooting this Garp problem (if it is isolated to Garp) is
one of the last things on the list of things to do for the GEMPAK 5.11.4
release.

re:
> I figured out the native GRIB saving, with a little trial-and-error.  Even
> with
> the raw grib files, Dr. Zehnder was saying that it looked like some of the 3D
> grid
> data that should be there was missing.  I would have NO IDEA if that's the
> case or not.

If this is the case, it would mean one of three things:

- the data that is being expected is not actually in any of the feeds
  that you are getting

- the latency in one or more of your feed requests is large enough that the
  grib messages in question get scoured out of the upstream LDM queue before
  they are delivered to you

- the grib messages are getting to your LDM queue, but they are not being
processed
  out of the queue before being overwritten by new data being received

The last option is a real one... many sites are requesting large volumes of data
and processing those data out of their queues is not happening fast enough.

re:
> I'm just starting to look into THREDDS.  I'm sure that I'll have questions for
> somebody there, once I get deeper into it. :-)

OK.  Please send your THREDDS inquiries to:

Unidata THREDDS Support <address@hidden>

> Thanks.

No worries.  Again, I apologize for the very late reply!

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD