[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

re:
> Anything new yet?

I have not had a chance to spend much time on whistler lately.

> Anything I can do on my end?

All I can think of is:

- generate a comprehensive list of all of the products that are not
  available through Garp

- run NMAP2 and make sure that the products from the Garp list are
  also not available in NMAP2.  If they are, then there is a Garp
  problem.

- monitor the GEMPAK decoder log files to make sure that you are not
  seeing the dread can not read/write file messages

Comment:

- the latencies for the products you are currently ingesting via the
  IDD look good.  I would, therefore, expect that if all decoding is
  working, then the products should be available to GEMPAK applications.

> This will show how
> ignorant I am, but is it possible to compile 32-bit versions of
> everything, or even just run the pre-compiled 32-bit versions on a
> 64-bit machine?

You should be able to run 32-bit Linux executables on your machine _IF_
the 32-bit shared libraries are installed on the machine.  This is easy
to test:  download the GEMPAK 5.11.1 32-bit Linux distribution; unpack
it (and don't overwrite what you already have); and use 'ldd' to see if
the loader can find all of the shared libraries needed by executables.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD