[IDD #SFG-480039]: Canadian Radar data

Hi Christian,

re:
> I have noticed that back in 2007, Pelmorex was in the process of
> distributing Canadian Radar data to Unidata.
> What is the current status?

The UPC has been getting some Canadian radar data from Pelmorex for
quite some time.  I am not sure if we were given the go ahead to
redistribute the data, however.  (Steve Chiswell was the contact
person in the UPC for this effort.)

> Is an already generated composite available as GEMPAK data?

Yes, the radar data we are getting is converted into reflectivity
and incorporated into the composite products (1km N0R GINI and 6km
N0R AREA) in the FNEXRAD datastream.

Ticket ID: SFG-480039
Department: Support IDD