20081104: Missing AMPS products from Antarctic-IDD feed

Hi Dan, Matt, et. al.

Dan wrote:

> I'm running into a problem receiving AMPS products off of the
> Antarctic-IDD, and I'm hoping this is a correctable issue on my end
> that someone can help me with (I'm still a bit of a novice with the
> LDM).

What is the name of your LDM machine?  I do not see any 'osu.edu' machine
in our real-time statistics by host page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex

Because of this, I assume that you are not reporting real-time
statistics back to Unidata.  If this is true, it would be a good idea
to enable this reporting so we can help diagnose your data receipt or
processing problem.

Unidata User Support

Dan Steinoff wrote:
> [...]
>

>On Nov 4, 2008, at 9:13 AM, Matthew Lazzara wrote:
>

>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> I have to admit, I've not been monitoring the AMPS data close enough
>> to know if there is a problem on my end.  I will try to setup a
>> better collection system on my end - sort of like what you do, and
>> I'll see if I can verify your problems. I'll be able to start that
>> up later today after some other commitments I have this morning -
>> but may take a day or two or more for me to verify.
>>

>> Dan and Kevin - do you folks push AMPS to BPRC at all? Is AMRC the
>> only site they get pushed too?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Matthew
>>

>> On Nov 4, 2008, at 8:06 AM, Daniel Steinhoff wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Antarctic-IDD group,
>>>
>>> I'm running into a problem receiving AMPS products off of the
>>> Antarctic-IDD, and I'm hoping this is a correctable issue on my end
>>> that someone can help me with (I'm still a bit of a novice with the
>>> LDM).
>>>
>>> I'm dumping all of the individual AMPS GRIB files into a single
>>> GRIB file for each forecast time, as such in the pqact.conf file:
>>>
>>> EXP     USAP\.NCAR\.AMPS\.WRF\.D(.)\.(....)(..)(..)(..)\.(.*)\.grb$
>>>       FILE
>>>       data/ant-idd/ncar/amps/wrf/d\1/\2\3\4\5_D\1.GRIB
>>>
>>> However, I'm often missing large chunks of data - entire forecast
>>> times might be missing, or certain variables might be missing from
>>> a forecast time.  There does not seem to be any consistent pattern
>>> to the missing data.  The file sizes of the final GRIB files vary
>>> widely.
>>>
>>> Here are some of what I think might be important parameters:
>>>
>>> In the ldmadmin-pl.conf file, I have set:
>>> $pq_size = "2G";
>>> $pq_slots = "default";
>>>
>>> Request entries in the ldmd.conf file:
>>> REQUEST CONDUIT ".*" f5.aos.wisc.edu
>>> REQUEST CONDUIT ".*" flood.atmos.uiuc.edu
>>> REQUEST EXP     ".*" ice.ssec.wisc.edu
>>> REQUEST EXP     ".*" amrc.ssec.wisc.edu
>>> (We receive CONDUIT data for in-house model runs)
>>>
>>> I have looked at the output from pqmon, and I have a ton of empty
>>> data slots; overall its a similar situation to the example in the
>>> LDM documentation.
>>>
>>> If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, or thinks I should instead
>>> pass this along to the ldm-group, please let me know.  Thanks!
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>>> Daniel Steinhoff
>>> Polar Meteorology Group
>>> Byrd Polar Research Center
>>> The Ohio State University
>>> address@hidden

>> Matthew Lazzara -Meteorologist- Antarctic Meteorological Research
>> Center
>> 901 Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences    http://amrc.ssec.wisc.edu
>> Space Science and Engineering Center         E-mail: address@hidden
>> University of Wisconsin-Madison                    Phone: (608)
>> 262-0436
>> 1225 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53706           Fax: (608)

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*