[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

re:
> The lack of response to the Gempak problem is understandable, in light of
> what's
> going on there.  Hopefully, what we're doing here will make that ticket a moot
> point anyway...

Hopefully, but probably not.  Segmentation violations are typically due to
something
else.

> One quick question, before I start tearing into things.  Do you know of any
> possible
> issues that I might run into by/while installing the newer version of LDM?

No.

> Do I need to be concerned that it will hose anything up?

Absolutely no!

> Another thing.  The pqact.gempak was already in place when I started here,
> so I'm not actually familiar with how to create the pqact/gempak files.

OK.

> Originally, most of the Gempak-specific stuff had also been appended to the
> bottom of the pqact.conf file.

You (we) will need to be concerned that the actions that were added to your
~ldm/etc/pact.gempak pattern-action file are properly backed up before removal.
I suggest copying the file to a backup before proceeding.

A quick look at your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file shows that there are McIDAS
processing
actions being used.  It is likely that those actions are in your current
~ldm/etc/pqact.conf
file.  We may want to revisit those _after_ your GEMPAK decoding is
straightened out
(I do McIDAS support here at the UPC).

> I was (and still occasionally am) having segfaulting issues with a decoder or
> two, so
> I decided to simplify things until I figured out was going on, and removed
> the decoder
> stuff from pqact.conf.

Which "decoder stuff" did you remove?

> Can you point me in the right direction for creating the multiple
> pattern-action files?

Yes.  The procedure is explained in the GEMPAK pages of our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Unidata GEMPAK
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak

    Site Configuration for Products
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/GEMPAK/configuration.html

Basically, if your 'gempak' account has been setup properly, all you need
to do is run the script $NAWIPS/ldm/etc/gen_pqact.csh.  I say setup properly
because the environment variable NAWIPS will have to have been setup to
invoke gen_pqact.csh.

> I'll keep you posted on how things progress here...

Very good.  I think you are very close to getting things setup correctly!

> Thanks again.

No worries.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support Datastream