[IDD #FBU-394735]: LDM Upstream Site Authorization Info Request

Hi Chad,

Apologies for the delay in responding. I had a week off and the AMS
conference...and we are shorthanded here.

The feed type for surface obs is DDS, if you want global surface obs then
request:

IDS|DDPLUS

We do not transmit IFLOWS or DEOS.

For a MADIS feed you will need to contact GSD (formerly FSL) to set up that
feed..it is point to point originating from GSD, the point of contact at GSD is:

Patti Miller
address@hidden

or

Mike Barth
address@hidden

If you can give me the machine name (and IP#) you are running your LDM on,
I will place the "allow" on our machine:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu

..and you can begin ingesting data, and perhaps get a feel for what data lies
in which feeds.

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support

> Continued thanks,
> Chad

> > Examples of data we're interested in are MADIS, ASOS/AWOS METAR,
> > IFLOWS, DEOS, etc.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Chad
> >
> > On Jan 3, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Unidata IDD Support wrote:
> >
> >> Chad,
> >>
> >> The "allow" is based on the parent feed types. You can restrict
> >> your request within the parent feed types via regular expressions
> >> in your ldmd.conf file to conserve bandwidth and disk space and
> >> get only the products you desire within a feedtype.
> >>
> >> Ah, I see the 404 you mentioned, that is on the NOAA side but we
> >> will attempt to find a more current link :)
> >>
> >> We can open up the full stream to you and allow you to experiment
> >> if that would be helpful, or if we know exactly what you want to
> >> ingest, we can help you with your request line(s).
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>

> >> Jeff

> >> Jeff Weber
> >> Unidata User Support