[McIDAS #HCS-801574]: McIDAS on Keable's Cyclone machine...

Hi Jim,

re: LDM not running on cyclone
> That looks like the ticket.  I see things are being updated correctly.

Very good.

> I so hate being a novice at software packages.

:-)  Me too!

I took a look at the parent of the web page you mentioned yesterday, and
have some ideas for nice ** and easy ** improvements.  Please ask Mike to
let me know if he is interested...

By the way, since I was on cyclone anyway, I decided to update the McIDAS
installation to the latest release, v2007e.  I will likely log back on and
update the installation with the addendum that I should be releasing sometime
today.  I also will update the LDM installation to the latest stable release.

Finally, can you give me an update on the your attempts to build McIDAS on
your AIX 5.3 system?  I am particularly interested because another site
ran into a snag with their v2007 build on AIX 5.3.  As you may recall, we
are still running AIX 5.1 on our (aging) AIX box, so I can not do any
troubleshooting locally.

Ticket ID: HCS-801574
Department: Support McIDAS