[IDD #CTR-114068]: About Colombia...

Hi Marcial,

> How are you?

I am well, thank you.  I hope you are fine also!

> I just received an email from Gloria Marin, she studied here at UCR and
> now is asking for a system like the one we have.

Very good.

> She works for the Colombian State located at Medellin (Colombia) 5�N
> 75�W. They are interested in getting satellite images and maybe some
> model data. They focus mainly in hydrology.

Excellent.  I worked with a person from Colombia who was attending CU
as an undergraduate.  He tried to get people interested in participating
in Unidata about 2-3 years ago, but it did not develop into a continuing
relationship.  I think you and he (Ricardo Mantilla) were in the same
set of Unidata training workshops.  Ricardo is now at CU/CIRES as a postdoc.

> Do you think that is possible?

Yes.

> What do you think they should do?

First, register with the Unidata website:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Click on the 'Login' link at the top of the page and follow the instructions.

> A good option could be ldm.

I agree.

> If you want to contact them directly, Gloria's email is address@hidden

Please send Gloria an email and ask her to initiate the communications with
us directly.  Have her send the email to address@hidden.  We
will follow-up and help her get setup.

> Thank you for your help.

No worries.

> PS: Please say hello! to Atilio and everyone.

Well, Attilio is no longer living in our valley (he and Abby split up).  He
is now in Kentucky.  I will, however, say hello to everyone else for you!

Ticket ID: CTR-114068
Department: Support IDD