[IDD #OGQ-888499]: Adjustments to the LDM at Rutgers

Hi Steve,

re:
> I was at the LDM workshop last week, and I'm the interim LDM
> administrator for the Meteorology program here at Rutgers until we've
> hired a new Unix/Linux guru.  Here's my information:
> Name of site: Rutgers University, Department of Environmental Sciences
> Name: Steve Decker
> Phone number: (732) 932-9800 x 6203
> Email address: address@hidden
> The LDM is running on: web.envsci.rutgers.edu

Thanks for the updated information.  I just updated our site contact page
to reflect the changes.

> Currently we are receiving the following feeds:
> MCIDAS|UNIDATA|FSL2|DIFAX from idd.cise-nsf.gov and idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> FNEXRAD from thelma.ucar.edu and idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> NNEXRAD from idd.cise-nsf.gov and idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>
> Are these the appropriate servers for these feeds?

Please remove all requests to thelma.ucar.edu.  The machine that was known
as thelma.ucar.edu was replaced by idd.unidata.ucar.edu about 3 years ago.
We have maintained a name alias that causes requests to thelm.ucar.edu to
be redirected to idd.unidata.ucar.edu, but we would rather not have to
maintain this indefinitely.

> Isn't MCIDAS
> redundant so that UNIDATA|FSL2|DIFAX is sufficient for the first feed?

Yes.  UNIDATA is a compound feedtype that is equivalent to UNIWISC|WMO
which is equivalent to UNIWISC|IDS|DDPLUS|HRS, and UNIWISC is another
name (actually it is the primary/preferred name) for the MCIDAS feed.

> To these feeds I'd like to add CONDUIT and NEXRAD2.  Which hosts should
> I use for those?

For now, please use either/both idd.unidata.ucar.edu and idd.cise-nsf.gov.
In the not too distant future, we will likely ask you to reorganize your
feed requests so you get most of your data from the new toplevel IDD
relay node at Penn State.

Ticket ID: OGQ-888499
Department: Support IDD