[IDD #BJE-199821]: radar data

Hi Elmer,

re:
> > - what version of the LDM are you running
>
> It appears to be ldm-6.0.14

This version of the LDM is archaic.  I strongly recommend that you upgrade
to the latest version as soon as you can.:

<login as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm
ftp ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
  <user> anonymous
  <pass> address@hidden
  cd pub/ldm
  binary
  get ldm-6.6.5.tar.gz
  quit

gunzip -c ldm-6.6.5.tar.gz | tar xvf -

cd ldm-6.6.5/src
./configure
make
make install
sudo make install_setuids        <- this step must be done with 'root'
privilege!

cd ~ldm
ldmadmin stop

rm runtime
ln -s ldm-6.6.5 runtime

ldmadmin start

touch logs/ldmd.log          <- create the file as LDM if it doesn't already
                                exist

> > - what does your LDM log file have to say about your pqact.conf action
>
> I didn't know it had this capability, can't locate anything that seems
> to be making a log file.

The LDM logs through 'syslogd'.  The LDM installer must, therefore, configure
entries to /etc/syslog.conf as 'root' and then send a HUP signal to it
to have it reread its configuration file.  The LDM log file should be
~ldm/logs/ldmd.log.  Please check to see if it exists on your system.
If it does not, you will need to configure logging through syslogd as per
instructions on the LDM website:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm

NB: if you are on a Linux system, you must insure that SELINUX is set to
disabled or permissive; we use disabled (/etc/selinux/config).  A reboot
is required to make changes to /etc/selinux/config active.

> > Did you try moving the FNEXRAD action to before your other actions in
> > pqact.conf?
>
> Yes.

OK.  This _really_ has us scratching our heads since we could not see
anything amiss in the FNEXRAD action you have in your pqact.conf file.
After I get out of the LDM training workshop today, I will take your
pqact.conf file and use it on a test system and see what happens.
If it works (like I suspect it will), there is something happening
on your system that _requires_ that we be able to see the error messages
that would be written to your LDM log file, ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log.  Without
this log file, we will not be able to proceed further unless it is
possible to give us a login to your machine as the user 'ldm'.

Ticket ID: BJE-199821
Department: Support IDD