[TIGGE #XLU-757491]: tigge ldm server specs

Hi Doug,

re:
> We're currently executing 60 requests to ECMWF, CMA, and CPTEC.

Yes, I know.  That is a lot of processes doing write locks on your queue.

> With tuning, this could likely be reduced.

Excellent.

> How many requests can an LDM
> system typically handle without a large degradation in performance?

There is no simple answer for this question as it depends on a number of
factors like:

- number of products being received on each request
- operating system
- speed of the machine running the LDM
- other processes that are running on the LDM machine
- whether or not the LDM was compiled in debug mode
- etc.

What we can tell you is that it would be much better if you could request all
of the data from each site using a single request line.  Since this is likely
not
a real possibility, the goal would be to end up with as few request lines as
possible.

Aside: it is likely that the number of request lines you will need to get the
data from ECMWF will be less than the number to get the data from CMA.  This
will make your ldmd.conf request lines look different, but you should not let
this
deter you from making the changes.

Ticket ID: XLU-757491
Department: Support IDD TIGGE