[TIGGE #YCA-363338]: Re: transfer tests between ECMWF and CMA

Baudouin,

> My computations are based on the plots, so I may be wrong about the
> 100MB/hour.

Judging from

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?EXP+tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn

the mean aggregate data transfer rate from ECMWF to CMA is about
200 megabytes per hour.  This is about 444 kilobits per second.
Not very good.

> I just have a hunch that we have a timeout for every
> field, and that we are not streaming the data at all. My
> understanding of LDM is that once we have established a connection
> (actually 20 connections in our case), this connection is reused
> until we run out of products.

The connection from an upstream LDM to a downstream LDM will exist
until either LDM terminates or the RPC/TCP/IP layers decide that
communication is impossible.

> If that is the case, we should not see
> any difference with an ftp transfer.

Agreed.