Re: GEM data

Hi Kevin,

The feed is "point to point", meaning all feeds originate from CMC/EC.

We facilitate the contact.

For LDM config, the CMC has published this document:

<snip>
Dear users of CMC GEM model data,

*Content changes

The main change in contents consists in the addition of several new
vertical levels for the basic meteorological fields of geopotential
height, moisture, temperature, and wind.  These will be augmented to 28
pressure levels. Detailed information on available fields is available
at the following URL :

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/grib/Low-resolution_grib_e.html

The grid resolution and coverage are almost identical to our current LDM
grid ; the only difference is one additional row of grid points along
the northern edge of the grid.  The grid dimensions will then be 135x95
instead of 135x94.  New grid specifications can be found at

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/grib/CMC_GRIB_Technical_Grid_Specifications_e.html#low_res_reg

*New naming convention

In order to accomodate the changes in contents, we need to modify the
file naming convention for the LDM GRIB files.  Details of the new
file-naming convention can be found at :

http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/grib/Low-resolution_grib_e.html#convention

The dataset will be made identical with the GRIB dataset available via
http at :

http://dd.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/public/grib/lores/CMC_reg_00

and

http://dd.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/public/grib/lores/CMC_reg_12 .

For additional information, please contact:

Yves Pelletier
address@hidden , (514) 421-4662
Acting Chief, Implementation and Operational Services Division
Operations Branch
<snip>

Our LDM is configured like this:

ldmd.conf:

# CMC/GEM
request CMC "CMC_reg_" ldm.meteo.ec.gc.ca

pqact.conf:

#
# CMC Model data available via IDD
CMC     CMC_reg
        PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -v 1 -d data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_cmc.log
        -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables

Would you like for me to begin the process for you to have an allow to
ingest the GEM feed via CMC?..if so, what is the name of the machine you
would like to ingest on?

Is it:  gusher.atmos.albany.edu

Cheers,

Jeff