[Support #TOL-308327]: statistics

> Dear Tom/Jeff,
>
> I really could not solve the problem yet. The atm77 time
> was set in using our GPS system time and the statistics
> was shown with what you have mentioned (lag of about 3000
> seconds).  Now I made a set to a local time (1 hour
> difference during summer )and the statistics does not show
> the negative value anymore. But the problem is still the
> same.

Yes, we see that INPE and CPTEC are also having the same problem:

Please see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+moingobe.cptec.inpe.br

For test purposes could you please request IDS|DDPLUS (as well as CONDUIT) from:

idd.cise-nsf.gov

This will allow us to see if lower volume products are able to get through to
you without latency.

We have some information about the router at idd.cise-nsf.gov, and it may be
part of the problem (we are investigating).

Let us know when you have begun to request the IDS|DDPLUS feed, you can pipe it
to dev/null or whatever you desire.

We suspect the problem to be bandwidth related, either throttling somewhere on
the network, or it could be limited capacity of the router at idd.cise-nsf.gov.

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Jeff

> [...]
> department guys and it seems that the problem is not
> related to the university network system. So that I wonder
> if there is some other possible check which can be made to
> solve the problem.
>
> Just for forther information : Since I receive the e-mails
> from IDD brasil I noticed that someone from Sao Paulo
> University sent one e-mail facing similar problem (conduit
> flux data --> incomplete).
>
> Best regards,
>
> yyamazaki
>

> Em Fri, 26 May 2006 10:30:36 -0600
> "Unidata IDD Support"
> <address@hidden> escreveu:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Please see comments in text..
> >

> >> Hi !,
> >>
> >> Althoug I am receiving conduit's data, the problem now
> >>is
> >> related to the file size, since more them 50% of them
> >>are
> >> received with problem. Actually I am taking the file
> >>size
> >> directly form NCEP to check the integrit of the
> >>conduit's
> >> data.
> >> Is there any suggestion to improve my reception ?? Just
> >> for informatiom : before changing to idd.cise-nsf.gov I
> >> did not have similar problem
> >
> > I see that you are also requesting from our machine:
> >
> > idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> >
> > I also see that it appears as if your clock on atm77 is
> >off by about 3000 seconds:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+atm77.fis.ua.pt
> >
> > Correct time on your LDM machine is critical for timely
> >data reception.
> >
> > It also appears as if there maybe some volume or packet
> >shaping going on...this is often represented by the
> >"sawtooth" pattern we are seeing on your stats.
> >
> > Until the clock problem is resolved other diagnostics
> >are "guesses"...
> >

> > Please install NTP or some other time controlling
> >software on atm77 so the clock does not drift, this will
> >eliminate one variable and we can pursue others if
> >correcting the clock does not clear things up.
> >

> >> Another problem is related to my log since there are 2
> >> itens which I do not undestand :
> >> 1.
> >> atm77 ldmping[1727]: SVC_UNAVAIL   0.000680    0
> >> localhost    RPC: Program not registered
> >
> > This error messagen indicates thaty the LDM server you
> >are trying to connect to is currently down.
> >
> >> 2.
> >> 21 04:56:01 atm77 idd[1969]: ERROR: requester6.c:206:
> >> Connection to upstream LDM closed
> >>
> >> 21 08:47:39 atm77 idd[1969]: ERROR: requester6.c:206:
> >> Connection to upstream LDM closed
> >>

> > The connection was closed by upstream, probably due to
> >no data in range of request, this also could be part of
> >the clock problem.
> >

> >> It seems to me that the second one is because I am
> >> requesting data and it is not available yet (isnt' it ?)
> >>

> > again, it is probably the clock on atm77 :)

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: TOL-308327