[Support #RWW-486743]: idd.geo.nsf.gov?

Anne & Gerry,

> After receiving a phone call from Gerry,  I took a look at bigbird.  The most
> notable thing I found was that /var/log/lastlog was huge - bigger than the
> file system can support, I believe.
>
> The root rpc.ldmd processes are somehow receiving a SIGTERM and shutting down.
>
> I believe I'll have to pass this back to Steve.

The too-large /var/log/lastlog file is worrying.  It might indicate a problem
that
could affect the LDM -- but I don't know.

I looked at LDM log file "ldmd.log.6" on Bigbird.  It showed that a downstream
LDM on Bigbird was
unable to connect to the LDM on idd.geo.nsf.gov.  This is to be expected as the
NSF LDM
is currently under reconstruction and off-line.  I didn't see anything untoward
in that
regard.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson