[IDD #FHP-105287]: IDD alternate feed

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> Currently we (University of Delaware, climate.geog.udel.edu) receive data
> from only one place, but we would like to set up an alternate feed site.
> we would like to know a procedure to pick a site; unidata can assign a
> site for us or it is up to us to choose a place?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Kenji Matsuura

Hi Kenji,

Your machine:
climate.geog.udel.edu

..is not showing up on our "stats" page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/rtstats/siteindex.php

This makes it difficult to assign a failover site, as we do not know what feeds
you are ingesting, and who you are ingesting from. It is best to have your
failover on a different feed scheme than your primary.

Please place the line:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

in the:

# Exec Entries

section of your ldmd.conf file

Then you must stop and start the LDM to initiate the change.

You can do this by either:

ldmadmin stop  &&  ldmadmin start

or if running LDM6.3*

ldmadmin restart

---

What version are you running of the LDM?

Who is currently your primary feed?

What feedtypes are you currently ingesting?

...this info can be gathered from rtstats when implemented, and can be very
valuable for diagnosing your feed, from both our and your perspective.

Let us know when you are sending stats, and we will look for them, and find an
appropriate failover site.

Cheers,

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support