RE: 20051123:IDD Server Address San Diego County

Hi Bill and Jean,

Yes, I got Jean's message this am and have been out over the holidays.

IP needs to be static, it is used for the allow on your upstream host, so
if it changes you will no longer get data.

Regarding the FQHN, it should be what is returned from a "hostname"
command...we can feed to IP or hostname, reverse DNS is needed as well.

e-mail can be whatever you want it to be, as long as we can contact you
via the address :)

The LDM operates on port 388 by default (latest release allows you to
choose a port), so you can open that port up for firewall issues, and
restrict as you deem necessary...we do NOT suggest any packetshaping or
load restrictions on the port for the LDM as it can cause problems for
data ingest.

Once I have your IP/hostname, we will have SJSU place an allow and that
should get the data flowing...

Great snow, eh? :)...your rain is our snow...

Cheers,

Jeff