20051123:IDD Server Address San Diego County

Hi Bill,

Are you hoping to participate in the Unidata IDD?

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idd/index.html

Not sure where you registered, but I am guessing it was to our web
portal...?...that is different than being an IDD participant.

Be that as it may...you will need to install the LDM:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/

After you have installed the LDM we will designate an upstream feed host
depending upon the data types you desire..please see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/feedtypes/index.html

and

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/

for more information.

We provide data to research institutes and educational facilities and are
NOT operational. We strive to keep our data flowing 24/7, but do not
guarantee that access, so if you desire to use operationally, you may want
to use us as a complimentary data source for your operational needs.

The atmospheric data community has had an interest in air quality data, so
maybe once we get you up and running, the data flow can go the other way
as well :)...the LDM can facilitate that data transfer, but we'll cross
that bridge when we get to it.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving,

Jeff