20051024: Radar (5-cm) data Valparaiso

Hi Wen,

What is the "native" or original format the radar delivers?

We have used the DORADE format for s-pol radars:

http://www.atd.ucar.edu/rsf/UserGuides/ELDORA/DoradeFormat/DoradeFormat.html

I am not certain that GRIB can handle all the params from a radar.

Past experiences have shown it is best to keep the data in its
"native/original" format and end users can create/implement decoders for
their clients...

If the choice is between GRIB or BUFR, GRIB would be preferred, but again
we suggest the format that is designed for the instrument.

Hope this helps....let us know if we can "help" further. :)

Cheers,

ps: is netCDF an option, I suspect most clients would be decoding to
netCDF for visualization.

Jeff