20050630: top tier IDD sites

>From: Emily Doremire <address@hidden>

Emily,

>Hi guys and gals,
>I'm working on that Unidata 2003 final report and need to know the top
>level IDD sites from 1998 - 2003 pronto.  On the web I found this...
>
>    * motherlode.ucar.edu at UCAR/NCAR
>    * sunshine.ssec.wisc.edu at SSEC
>    * frost.wunderground.com at the Weather Underground Office at the
>      University of Michigan
>    * sirocco.srcc.lsu.edu at LSU.
>
>    * UCAR participants have a secondary failover machine:
>      itta.rap.ucar.edu

The top level IDD relay nodes were basically:

thelma.ucar.edu           UCAR/Unidata
atm.geo.nsf.gov           Unidata/NSF
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu    UW/SSEC
f5.aos.wisc.edu           UW/AOS
seistan.srcc.lsu.edu      LSU/SRCC
notam.atmos.uiuc.edu      U. Illinois
frost.wunderground.com    Weather Underground, Inc (U. Michigan)

Jeff W and Chiz can chime in if I have forgotten any.

>Would this list still be correct for that time period?  Do I even have
>the right list?  (I'm really interested in the sites that aren't at UCAR.)

Got it.

>Thanks in advance,

No worries.