20050610: LDM Latency Issues at UND (cont.)

>From: address@hidden

Hi Rhesa,

>We're still having some latency issues with the CONDUIT data on ldm.

We noticed that your switching to feed directly from atm.geo.nsf.gov
did not solve your problem.  We concluded that the problem was
somewhere at your end.  Given that the latencies for IDS|DDPLUS
on the same machine are near zero, my first guess would be that there
is some sort of "packet shaping" being done.

>We're concerned that the problem is that the computer that is ingesting
>the ldm feed is getting overloaded.

If your computer was not keeping up, it would show up in latency plots
for other data.

>We'd like to try having another
>computer to ingest the CONDUIT and the craft feed.  Is there a comupter
>that we can add maggie.rwic.und.edu to?  Thanks.

I think that the first thing to do is investigate possible packet
shaping at UND (or your department).  You can certainly feed CONDUIT
to maggie.rwic.und.edu from atm.geo.nsf.gov, but I don't think it will
solve your problem.