Re: FW: The development of a weather computer lab

Hi Brian,

I see windows as the OS...this will change, right?..or are you planing
this for the IDV?

I would suspect better deals for .edu sites.

2,254.50/machine is a bit pricey!

NTFS file system, very windows centric...what viz tool are you planning on
utilizing in this lab..GEMPAK, McIDAS or the IDV?

If it is the IDV, then windows is ok, but the RAM looks thin at 1GB for
running the IDV, we suggest 2GB even though windows currently has a hard
time utilizing more than 1.5GB..that should change soon.

We find it much cheaper to buy the hardware without OS and install the OS
of choice...but not sure which direction you are taking this lab..windows
or UNIX (variant)..

Let me know so I can help you further :)

Jeff