20041230: please switch feed(s) from emo to idd

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Hi,

If you are not the appropriate contact for LDM-related issues at your
site, please forward the following to the appropriate person.  Thanks!

As soon as possible, please change all of feed requests you have
directed at emo.unidata.ucar.edu to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

For reference, we see the following machine/feed combinations
currently on emo:

Site                 IDD node name             Feed(s)
--------------------+-------------------------+---------------------
SUNY Brockport       vortex.esc.brockport.edu  NNEXRAD
U. Louisiana Monroe  tornado.geos.ulm.edu      NEXRAD2
U. Kansas            chinook.atmo.ku.edu       ANY
OU/CAPS              wolverine.caps.ou.edu     NIMAGE, NNEXRAD, WMO
NCAR/RAP             scrappy.rap.ucar.edu      NGRID
Texas Tech           wnnh002.wind.ttu.edu      NEXRAD2

idd.unidata.ucar.edu is a new LDM/IDD "cluster" that we are testing as
a backup to/replacement of the top-level IDD node hosted in UCAR,
thelma.ucar.edu.

The first phase of our testing consists of moving feeds off of UPC
machines like emo.unidata.ucar.edu to idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  If this
step is successful (and it has been so far during our internal
testing), we plan on moving all UCAR hosts off of thelma.ucar.edu and
onto idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation, and have a great New Year!

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Thu Dec 30 15:55:58 2004
>Subject:  I am out of town

Your mail regarding "20041230: please switch feed(s) from emo to idd"
will be read by me but replies may take longer than usual.

>From address@hidden  Tue Jan 11 09:13:43 2005

Tom,

I am sorry that this has not been taken care of yet.
Both my system administrator and I have been sick
since the first of the year.  We hope to take care
of this soon.

Donna