20041222: IDD latencies to owl.uwyo.edu

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>
Larry,

We were looking at latency plots and noticed that owl has
tremendous latencies associated with the larger volume feed requests
(UNIDATA feedtype). It appears that small volume requests such as the PCWS
(ACARS) and NEXRAD2 (2 radars) are arriving without latency.

It appeared from our outside glance that you may be experiencing a
load restriction at your campus (aka packet shaping) on a per
connection basis such that the ldm "request" lines of larger
volume were preferentially being restricted.

Let us know if we can be of help in improving your IDD reception quality...

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support