20041102:SIUC Joining Unidata

Hi Jack,

We provide real time data to research institutions and educational
facilities.

To participate in real time data delivery you must run the LDM:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.1.0/index.html

I am not certain which viz package you will be running, please see:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/index.html

(GEMPAK, McIDAS, or the IDV)

We ask that community members play an active part in the data relay
process if able to do so.

Depending upon what viz package you run, and the volume of data you desire
to ingest, please see:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/feedtypes/index.html

we suggest 1-4 GB of RAM, 2.0 GHz processor(s), 100-1000GB of storage, but
we have the LDM running on dual 450GHz with 512 MB of RAM, so it can go
that low, just depends upon your needs and desires.

Please let me know how else I can help get you started..

Cheers,

Jeff