Re: 20040901: problems with NEXRAD files

Hi John,

Oh, you actually want to ~view the data :)

I was considering two options:

1) Install GEMPAK

nice viz tool, can view sat, radar, model, text, upa, etc..

..and we support the package and its decoders.

2) We can script some processing of the nat'l mosaic to create geo-tiffs.

ths would require installing the netCDF libraries, and access to a
geo-tiff visualizer..

We may want to do both, as the geo-tiff would be greatly appreciated by
the GIS folks, yet we have not solved the geo-tiff issue for all the
feeds.

Larry is still having issues with his LDM so we will keep you feeding from
atm.geo.nsf.gov for now.

What radars do you desire at this time and I will get you a proper request
line...and maybe a pqact.conf entry if we decide to go with one of the
above mentioned options. Keep in mind the geo-tiff generation currently is
working on the mosaic and model output only...

Jeff