20040406:Request authorization at the upstream LDM

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Marek Kmiecik wrote:

> Hi, Jeff
>
> I haven't. There are few more things I have to do before I can
> start relying on this flow of data through ldm. I have yet to configure
> ldmd.conf file. Also I have to install mcidas decoders to be able
> to decode data, that I'm receiving. I can't focus only on this task,
> which seems to be dragging little bit.  But I have to finalize the whole
> thing soon and have it out of my way.At the moment, I am still working on
> it...
> Also, I noticed, you put only spider into your ldmd.conf ALLOW UNIDATA

correct..actually it is an allow UNIWISC

UNIWISC is the sat imagery feed.

> entry. Could you also add pixel to it? So that, in case spider is down,
> I would have backup computer, pixel to do the job.

Again, we hope to feed only one machine per institute/university..

We have added redundancy since you are on another network than gusher, but
I do not see any benefit to feeding pixel as well as spider. pixel should
feed from spider..

If everything goes bad, we do maintain a short archive (a week or so) of
data so folks can fill in gaps if needed.

Cheers,

Jeff

 That way I would be secure