20040210: LDM testing on SJSU and Unidata machines (cont.)

>From: Mike Voss <address@hidden>

Mike,

re: which Unidata machine(s) will participate in test

>No, sorry, I gave the wrong machine name. I meant the feed to
>dhcp22.unidata.ucar.edu from storm. Recall that storm was feeding that
>machine as another test.

The machine that is currently dhcp22 will soon be sent to San Jose,
Costa Rica along with a NOAAPORT system that I built for them.  We will
need to identify another machine here at Unidata to feed from storm.
Let's use dana.unidata.ucar.edu.  I just set this up to feed all data
from storm.sjsu.edu.

I believe that you said that this machine would change names when
brought into your department.  Is it there yet?  If yes, what is its
name now?  When do you want me to turn on the feed requests?

>Can I turn that on and off with the
>allow line, or do you have to do that from your end?

The typical ldmd.conf allow entry for Unidata machines allows
anything from our unidata.ucar.edu domain:

allow   ANY
    ^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$)|([a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$))

You would have to comment out this line and add another one to allow
localhost|loopback and remove the generic allow for unidata.ucar.edu:

#allow   ANY
#
^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$)|([a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$))
allow   ANY
    ^(localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$)

Then, you would have to add a specific allow for dana.unidata.ucar.edu:

allow   ANY     ^dana\.unidata\.ucar\.edu$

At this point, you can turn off dana's ability to request data by
commenting its allow line out and then stopping and restarting your
LDM.  You will, however, cause the generation of log file messages
on your machine and on dana.  This is not a big deal because this
is a test, but it will cause a lot of logging.

>thanks,

No worries.