20031114: New System at UNI (cont.)

>From: "Patrick O'Reilly" <address@hidden>

Patrick,

>I have run the LDM for days now with no problem, and tried to add the
>CONDUIT feed today to further stress it, but I guess I can't connect as I am
>getting such messages in my ldmd.conf.
>
>ldm_clnt.c:286: nullproc_6 failure to emo.unidata.ucar.edu
>
>I can ping it fine.  Maybe like you said, it's not operational, so it's not
>accessible via the LDM now?

emo is up and the LDM is alive and feeding data (in a test mode) to
11 downstream connections.

The problem you were seeing was that I had not allowed all machines
from the storm.uni.edu domain to request data from emo, so emo was
denying you:

logs/ldmd.log.1:Nov 14 16:57:33 emo rpc.ldmd[99741]: Denying connection from
thunder.storm.uni.edu

I have changed the ldmd.conf entries to allow any machine from the
storm.uni.edu domain.  Please try the feed request again.

Tom