20031010: LDM and waldo at stc (cont.)

>From:  "Anderson, Alan C. " <address@hidden>

Hi Alan,

>I was busy earlier, and not sure of why you could not
>use ssh.   Found that I had NOT installed ssh on waldo;
>got it on the other machine last spring (cyclone) but not
>waldo.

Well, that would explain things :-)

>waldo does have tcp wrappers, so that helps some, and you
>configured the hosts allow file to provide access for yourself.
>
>That is not the best, and we could wait until I get ssh going
>on waldo as well.  Let me know if you have a preference;  (wait
>a bit for ssh,  or use telnet now w/tcpwrappers)

I tried to telnet to waldo from three different machines here at
the UPC and was denied from all, so it looks like there is some other
setup (like a firewall rule) that is blocking me.  Given this, it
is probably better for me to wait for ssh to be installed on waldo.

Thanks for the info!