20030930: request to upgrade your LDM from 6.0.10 to 6.0.14 (cont.)

>From: "Kevin W. Thomas" <address@hidden>

Kevin,

>Once I get the "dcmetr" problems resolved, I'll ask our System Admin to put
>6.0.14 on all the machines, which includes "munchkin".

Just to make sure we are on the same page:  the 'dcmetr' problem you
are seeing has nothing to do with the LDM installation, so waiting
for this GEMPAK problem to get resolved should have nothing to do with
the upgrade of the LDM.

>I'm using a different
>machine just to make sure everything works, which is the case except for
>"dcdmetr".

Again, we are talking about two different packages here.  The LDM might
run GEMPAK decoders, but the version of the LDM has nothing to do
with whether or not the GEMPAK decoders will run.  It is most likely
that your new test machine is running a different OS or patch level
of the same os as the other machine you are running GEMPAK on.

>"Uname -a" returns 2.4.9-34smp.  I *think* RedHat 7.2 is the magic behind it.

If it is a RedHat release, you can find out which one it is by:

cat /etc/redhat-release

If it is some other distribution of Linux (the return from 'uname -a'
shows that it is linux), there should be some sort of a *release* file
in /etc that will contain the OS release.

>If not 7.2, it would be 7.1 or 7.3.  If it were Solaris, I could give you
>exact info.

RedHat 7.1 or 7.2 sounds close given the level of the kernel, 2.4.9-34smp.

Tom