20030924:IDD new node GLOBE

Hi Travis,

I presume you have downloaded and installed LDM 6.0.14

Looks as if you are primarily interested in sfc obs, so we need not deal
with sat/rad imagery or model output.

There is a wealth of info on-line re the LDM/IDD.

I would begin at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/index.html

and another useful URL...buried under the aforementioned URL:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/ldm-6.0.14/basics/feedtypes/index.html

To see the feedtypes.

I suspect you will want either DDPLUS (combining PPS and DDS) or

WMO (combining PPS, DDS, HDS, or IDS) for int'l sfc obs and you can cull
out the HDS via reg exp's)

Please let me know if/when LDM 6.0.14 is installed and I'll "flip the
switch" to allow data to flow.

I am initially thinking that you will feed from thelma.ucar.edu (our
machine) but we may feed you from another internal UCAR machine, but we
can use thelma to begin.

Cheers and welcome aboard!

Jeff