20030903: WMO IDD feed problems

>From: Tim Alberta <address@hidden>

Hi Tim,

>I'm not getting anything in from my WMO feedtype.  My primary is
>iita.rap.ucar.edu, and my alternate is chisel.rap.ucar.edu.
>iita seems
>to be giving me permission, chisel is not (as of some time yesterday
>afternoon).

I agree:

An 'ldmping' to chisel shows that it does not appear to be running an
LDM at the moment.  iita is running an LDM, but I can't see any
WMO data on it using notifyme:

% notifyme -vxl- -f WMO -h iita.rap.ucar.edu
Sep 03 13:54:28 notifyme[9212]: Starting Up: iita.rap.ucar.edu:
20030903135428.370 TS_ENDT {{WMO,  ".*"}}
Sep 03 13:54:28 notifyme[9212]: Connected to upstream LDM-5
        NOTIFYME(iita.rap.ucar.edu) returns OK
Sep 03 13:54:28 notifyme[9212]: NOTIFYME(iita.rap.ucar.edu): OK

>Where can I go to find out whom I should contact up at RAP?
>I couldn't find the list on your web site.

Go to the Site Contact List page under the IDD on our web site:

Unidata HomePage:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/

  Software
  http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/index.html

    IDD
    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/index.html

      Current Operational Status
      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/iddgeneral.html#status

      IDD site contact list
      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/sitelist.html

The site contact for RAP is Celia Chen <address@hidden>.

If you can't get hold of Celia in a reasonable amount of time, you can
temporarily feed off of emo.unidata.ucar.edu.

>Thanks!

Perhaps sometime today we can get together for an LDM-6.0.14 and McIDAS-X
v2003 installation on COMET machines?

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden Wed Sep  3 08:27:43 2003

Thanks Tom,

COMET's in the middle of a retreat type thing - I requested from emo for
now, and will contact Celia.

This afternoon would be good - I'll get back with you when I can...

Thanks for the URL's!

Tim

>From address@hidden Wed Sep  3 10:11:08 2003

Hi Tom,

Thanks for responding so quickly!  I noticed chisel seems to be back up,
so I turned off my emo connection and am now feeding from chisel.

This part of our retreat ends at Noon, so this afternoon is wide open as
far as LDM and Mcidas goes.  I really appreciate your help with the
install of these - )I'll take good notes this time - try and get a
handle on our compiling environment)

Thanks,

Tim