Re: 20030820: Weather2.admin.niu.edu Trouble

>could be just that that IP isn't resolving
>doesn't sound like your computer is resolving that ip gil.
>
>weather:~> nslookup 129.15.197.65
>Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
>Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
>the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
>Server:         10.11.1.1
>Address:        10.11.1.1#53
>
>65.197.15.129.in-addr.arpa      name = winkie.caps.ou.edu.
>
>-dave

Dave...

The nameserver is fine.  I've used "ping" as a quick test.  Those machines
that can connect fine and those that don't every get there both show the
same ip at Gilbert's end.  I know some sites disable "ping", however, it
works for "weather2" when I can connect, and doesn't when I can't connect
via LDM.

I just tried connecting to www.niu.edu (which doesn't to ping's), and it
works fine.

        Kevin W. Thomas