20030515: Brockport LDM server feed request changes

>From: Tom McDermott <address@hidden>

Hi Tom,

First, I apologize for not knowing that vortex had been reporting real
time LDM-6 stats. Second, I am glad to hear that you are back up with
new hardware:

>SUNY Brockport's LDM server, vortex.esc.brockport.edu, suffered a
>catastrophic failure yesterday (5/14) at 1135Z, which necessitated the
>replacement of that computer.  I have installed a new unit (same host
>name) and the LDM server is now running on it again as of 2014Z today.

We are beginning the process of reorganizing the IDD, and one of the
first moves is to offload Cornell of its relay responsibilities.
Cornell is facing a pay-per-byte change in charges for their Internet
usage, and they have asked us to move sites they are feeding to a
different host.

Given the general IDD reorganization, and Cornell's situation
in particular, would you please change the following on vortex:

1) edit ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin and change/set $hostname to
   vortex.weather.brockport.edu.  vortex.weather.brockport.edu
   provides a consistent forward and reverse name lookup, while
   vortex.esc.brockport.edu does not:

change:

chop($hostname = `uname -n`);
# $hostname = "your.hostname.here";

to:

# chop($hostname = `uname -n`);
$hostname = "vortex.weather.brockport.edu";

-- OR --

if you defined $hostname to vortex.esc:

change:

$hostname = "vortex.esc.brockport.edu"

to:

$hostname = "vortex.weather.brockport.edu"

2) switch all vortex data requests currently pointing at
   snow.nrcc.cornell.edu to atm.geo.nsf.gov.  'atm' is already
   configured to allow you to feed all streams except NLDN and WSI.

Thanks so much for your help in the IDD reorganization!

Tom Yoksas