20030513: LDM-6.0.10 use and real time statistics reporting (cont.)

>From: Tim Alberta <address@hidden>

Hi Tim,

>Yes, I did download 6.0.10, but had some serious problems with getting
>it running.  It would start up, sometimes grab a few products, then stop.

Hmm...  What kind of system were you trying to run it on?  The only
system that we have seen problems with is HP-UX.

>We haven't sent a message to support yet, because I must have deleted my
>make.log etc files, and I knew you folks would want to see them (I must
>have deleted them because it seemed to make cleanly).  So, I'm going to
>do a new install sometime soon, keeping all those log files, then fire
>off a message to you if the new install fails, with all the information
>I assume you'll ask for.

If this one of the more commonly used systems in the community (e.g.,
Sun Solaris SPARC/x86, Linux, FreeBSD, AIX, IRIX), then I am very
curious about what problems you are running into.  In this case,
I would like to logon to your machine, do the install, and see what
fails.  If, on the other hand, you are trying to run it on HP-UX,
then I am not shocked that there is a problem (I am not satisified
that there is, mind you, but...).

Tom