20030412: Sites directly from a dish...

>From: Gilbert Sebenste <address@hidden>

Gilbert,

>Just for my downstream sites and myself...if LSU or Duke has a slow route
>from my machine, are there any other machines who would be willing to let
>me feed from in an emergency that are hooked up straight to a live
>NOAAPort dish-fed feed? Thanks! The machines would be weather.admin.niu.edu,
>weather2, and weather3. All I can say is "thanks!" and allow you access
>to my stuff if your machines go down. But I'd be very grateful, along
>with the other sites!

atm.geo.nsf.gov is now up and running a Unidata 4-port NOAAPORT receive
system.  This change occurred this past Wednesday/Thrusday in preparation
for the power outage at NCAR.  You can use 'atm' as a failover (not
primary) site in, as you say, an emergency.

Now that the NOAAPORT receive system is up and running at NSF/ATM, we will
be revamping the IDD topology in the coming few weeks to do better
load balancing.   Stay tuned for details.

Tom

>From address@hidden Sat Apr 12 20:43:21 2003

Hi Tom,

Thanks! Catch ya later.