20030404: frost.wunderground.com going off-line

>From: Jeff Masters <address@hidden>

Hi Jeff,

>Hi, we have our new NOAAPORT dish on the roof of our new data center,
>and are preparing to turn it on this weekend. frost.wunderground.com is
>going to be retired, the new ldm data relay machine will be:
>
>Name:   berry.wunderground.com
>Address: 66.28.250.166
>currently running ldm-6.0.2.

OK.

>Can you set the proper ALLOWS on thelma so we can continue to get the
>data?

I added an allow for berry.wunderground.com to thelma's ldmd.conf file.
the list of allows for you currently stands at:

allow   ANY-WSI-NLDN    frost.wunderground.com
allow   ANY-WSI-NLDN    ^(berry|whirlpool)\.wunderground\.com$
allow   ANY-WSI-NLDN    ^(sleet|ingestor)\.wunderground\.com$

The allow for frost will be removed upon your word of its official
retirement.

>And notify the maintainer of mapmaker.metoer.wisc.edu so we can
>relay the DIFAX data?

That would be:

"Pete Pokrandt" <address@hidden>

I am CCing him on this note.

>I'd like to get berry operational this afternoon, since frost may get
>retired tonight.

You should be set to go.

>Right now, only stokes.metr.ou.edu is feeding from frost (FNEXRAD feed).

OK.

>Thanks,
>Jeff

Tom